ON THE MARK is seeking a Business Analyst/Accounting Assistant. This position demands a consistent, reliable, stable, trustworthy and highly motivated Business Analyst/Accounting Assistant to work directly with OTM’s Financial Controller and Managing Principal. The ideal candidate is an excellent problem solver based on facts and analysis, able to juggle a variety of demands simultaneously, is highly willing to learn and grow.
The salary range will fall between $42-$47k, depending on experience.
Conduct problem identification, analysis and solution development for a variety of business challenges including, but not limited to:
- Assist with updating policy and procedures handbook.
- Manage and improve OTM expenses process and procedures.
- Develop a variety of excel-based spreadsheets.
- Assist in further-developing OTM metrics dashboard.
- Manage OTM personnel files ensuring their completeness.
- Manage and track vacation and sick time for all personnel.
- Lead and/or assist with a variety of internal improvement projects. Apply continuous improvement to everything you do.
Support OTM’s Financial Controller in financial and accounting operations for both U.S. and U.K. companies.
- Process employee and contractor expense reports leading to the generation of invoices (QB) to OTM customers.
- Conduct a variety of support tasks and analysis focused on company budgets, accounts and performance.
- Demonstrate rapid and consistent improvement in conducting accounting responsibilities including AP, AR and account management for OTM US and UK.
Support the preparation, monitoring and tracking of OTM’s business performance and financial reporting including reviews, forecasts, etc.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements and management reports.
- Track and monitor OTM bonus programs.
- Provide financial analysis models and standard templates to enable a qualitative, accurate and focused review of the Company’s activities.
- Prepare financial reports, charts, tables and other exhibits as requested.
- Provide decision support of critical business decisions.
Deliver miscellaneous business, financial, accounting and operational tasks.
- Review and process incoming mail to the Finance department.
- Train new employees to achieve compliance and adherence with the Company’s policy and financial ways of working.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal (US) and international reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
Interested candidates are required to send the following:
- No more than a two-page cover letter addressing why you are the ideal candidate in response to the success criteria and requirements as stated above.
- Your resume/CV.
- Three work samples that highlight your knowledge of
> Business analysis and spreadsheet use.
> Financial analysis or accounting work
- Up to 3 professional references. They will not be contacted without your prior consent.
- Your remuneration history and expectations.
- Title your email “Business Analyst/Accounting Assistant” so that we are sure to receive it.
Send your complete packet to email@example.com.
For more roles with ON THE MARK, please visit our Careers page.
ON THE MARK (OTM) is a leading boutique business consultancy specialising in high-impact collaborative business transformation and organisational design. In business for 27 years with more than 400 successful organisation re-designs and business transformations completed, OTM offers businesses and governments a reliable alternative to driving and accelerating real change based on proactive, genuine engagement and readiness.