Arizona Department of Economic Security:
Community Services Administration
Background & Scope:
The CSA administers a complex web of services and fund sources through contracts with Community Action Agencies (CAA) and Community Based Organizations (CBO). There are two purposes of programs and funding:
1. The primary purpose is to strengthen community capabilities for planning and coordinating a broad range of assistance and funds in a manner responsive to local needs.
2. The secondary function is the organization of a range of services related to the needs of low-income families and individuals, so that these services have a measurable and potentially major impact on the causes of poverty.
As the administrator of programs and fund sources, the CSA is obligated to ensure services and expenditures comply with federal and state requirements.
- Methodology for the dispensation of funds no longer relevant
- Focus on serving the target population was lost
- Contention and distrust between agencies prevented moving forward
- Ability to effectively run the process was hampered by existing relationships and historical baggage
- Increased behavioral support of the new funding formula
- Increased advocacy of DES by involved stakeholders and constituents within their own communities/organizations
- Decreased number of complaints associated with funding formula
- DES lauded for introducing objectivity into the process by going outside for project assistance
Request Full Case Study
Error: Contact form not found.
Terms: OTM values its customer relationships above all else. We distribute abridged copies of our case studies for academic use and to decision makers investigating how OTM can make an impact in their businesses. By requesting a case study, you agree 1) not to reproduce nor distribute the case study in whole or in part or 2) use the case study in any other manner.